Noir at the Bar Newcastle is returning to the Town Wall to provide an evening of dark, dangerous and downright delightful stories. Hosted by Victoria Watson and ably assisted by Dr Noir, Jacky Collins, this event is guaranteed to thrill.
Writers have come from far and wide to appear at Noir at the Bar in the past and this event promises to be no different – three authors from Scotland are making the trip across the border to read at the event.
- Jackie Baldwin, author of Dead Man’s Prayer which was published by Killer Reads
- Author Chris Ord, whose second novel, The Storm, was published in January
- Ian Skewis, author of the acclaimed A Murder of Crows
- Local poet and writer Rob Walton
Fiona Veitch Smith, author of the Poppy Denby Investigates novels
- Nicky Black, whose successful crime novel The Prodigal was set in Newcastle
- Playwright and up-and-coming crime writer Trevor Wood
- Bookouture author Sarah Wray, author of Her Best Friend and Reported Missing
There’s also a chance to win a book!
Are you a writer who isn’t on the bill? Bring along a reading (no more than 5 minutes long) and put your name in the hat – you could give the final reading of the night as our wildcard.
If you’ve never been to Noir at the Bar before, don’t worry – everyone is welcome. It’s the chance to listen to writers’ work – and maybe hear their work in progress – as well as the opportunity to chat to bloggers, writers and readers.
I have been several times and although at the minute I’m not sure if I’ll get there I can recommend it as a good night out!
Doors open at 7pm.
Hope to see you there!