I first spotted this tag on Literary Diversion’s Book Tube channel, but have since seen it being done by various other people. I fancied giving it a go!
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2018?
Looking back at my Goodreads, I’ve only given 3 books so far a 5* review – one was a re-read. But I think I’m going to go with The Girlfriend, which I read in one sitting while I was on holiday.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2018?
Most of the sequels I have read so far this year are from Faith Martin’s “Hillary Greene” series. I think my favourite is Murder in the Mansion.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to?
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
I’m part way through M. J. Arlidge’s Helen Grace series, and the 8th, Down to the Woods, is published in September.
5. Biggest disappointment?
The Honeymoon. Read it on holiday and it was all based on a twist towards the end.
6. Biggest surprise?
The Little Coffee Shop in Kabul – it’s not the type of book I would normally read, but I really enjoyed it.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)?
8. Newest fictional crush?
Nope. Don’t do crushes!
9. Newest favourite character?
Poppy Denby, the journalist in Fiona Veitch Smith’s books.
10. Book that made you cry?
One of my current reads, Grief Works.
11. Book that made you happy?
Gervase Phinn’s books always make me smile. I’ve read The Other Side of the Dale in the first half of the year.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year?
I haven’t seen any so far this year.
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year?
My discussion on whether The Dry was worth the hype.
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)?
I love both of these covers!
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
I want to try and catch up with as many review books as I can, and I’d also like to get some more children’s classics read.
Consider yourself tagged if you’d like to do this tag! I’d love to hear your answers!