I saw this over on Rachael’s blog, and thought it looked fun.
1. How often do you visit your local library?
I’m incredibly lucky as my library is right in the city centre, so almost every time I’m in town I’ll pop in. My European Crime Book group also meet there once a month.
2. Are you the type of person who checks out more books than you can read or are you someone who checks out the exact amount of books you intend to read before they are due?
I go through phases. Sometimes I take out as many as I can, and just keep renewing them until I read them, then other times I’ll just put one on hold and read and return straight away.
3. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I’m pretty sure my parents got me my first library card when I started school.
4. Do you go to your library for a particular book or do you check out anything that piques your interest?
Again, it depends on my mood. If I want a particular book I’ll usually check if its in online before I go.
5. Do you only check out books or do you also get DVDs, audiobooks, etc.?
Only books – I really struggle to pay attention to audiobooks. I have checked out DVD’s in the past, but not for a long time.
6. From what section of the library do you check out most of your books?
It’s mostly the crime fiction section, although recently I’ve been checking out plenty of non-fiction too.
7. What is your favourite part of using your local library?
With the library being in the centre of town, they always have things going on. Author events, book groups, homework support, Citizens Advice, Business Advice – you name it they seem to be doing it! It’s busy without being too noisy though – which is probably my favourite thing. I can read and people watch!
Do you use your library? I don’t like to tag people, but if you want to give this a go, please do!