Today I’ve decided to do The Anonymous Bookaholics Tag. I spotted it on O.D. Book Reviews.
1. What do you like about buying new books?
What’s not to like?! I love the smell and feel of them. I’m not usually one to buy books for cover art though – although I am collecting the facsimile editions of Agatha Christie.
2. How often do you buy new books?
In terms of brand new books, very rarely. I have an occasional splurge, but I’m more likely to use credit at my local second hand bookshop.
3. Bookshops or online book shopping: which do you prefer?
I love bookshops if I want to be inspired. If I have an idea in my head of what I want to buy then online.
4. Do you have a favourite bookshop?
5. Do you pre-order books?
Rarely. I pre-ordered one early on during lockdown – my book group chose to read The Creak on the Stairs back in May as it was available on Kindle. Paperback was also originally coming out in May, and I prefer physical copies. Unfortunately due to the lovely nature of the pandemic, it’s now due to come out in September! Prior to that the last book I pre-ordered was back in 2007!
6. Do you have a monthly buying limit?
No, although my spending has been creeping up since lockdown.
7. How big is your wish list?
According to Goodreads – 584. But they include books I’d be more than happy to read from the library.
8. Which three books from your wish list do you wish to own right now?
- The Creak on the Stairs, by Eva Bjoerg AEgisdottir
- The Thursday Murder Club, by Richard Osman
- Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
If you want to have a go, consider yourself tagged!