I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. With thanks to Blair from Feed The Crime for the nomination.
- Say thank you to the person who has nominated you for the Award.
- Answer the 11 questions the person has asked you
- Nominate 11 people
- Ask the people who you have nominated 11 questions
How do you keep track of the books you have read?
I overdo this slightly! I keep track on Goodreads of course. I also have a spreadsheet. Then in case both electronic versions fail I also have a notebook!
How long have you been blogging?
I started around May 2017 – so just over 3 years.
Do any of your close family and/or friends read?
My Aunt reads a fair bit. Others do, but not on a regular basis. Then there’s the husband – who won’t pick up a book or even a magazine!
Is there a genre that you refuse to read?
I’d never flat out refuse to read something, but I’ve never read a romance novel.
How do you decide what to read next?
In my notebook, I keep a list of all the challenges I’m working on, and plan round those on a monthly basis. Occasionally I’ll pick several of them off my shelves and ask the husband to pick – then I can blame him if it’s terrible!
Have you ever found yourself in a reading slump? If so how did you pull yourself out?
Yes – I’m currently in one. It’s taken me six days to read a book. My best tip for pulling yourself out of a slump is a favourite author. The book I’m about to start is an Agatha Christie.
Is there one book you wish more people knew about?
There’s no one particular book, but I do wish more people read translated fiction.
Are you in a book club?
Yes – I’m part of a group that reads European Crime Fiction.
Other than reading what else do you love to do?
Travel. And eat out in nice restaurants!
Do you have any party tricks / odd talents?
Where in the world would you love to go?
I’ve got a big birthday coming up in October – the destination on my wishlist for it is Norway.
I nominate (but only if you want to):
- Do you have a favourite author? Who and why?
- Favourite book this year so far and why?
- Which book would you take to a desert island?
- What was the last book you bought and have you read it yet?
- What’s your favourite snack or beverage while you’re reading?
- Where do you read?
- Has a book ever changed your life?
- Have you ever seen a movie or tv series that was better than the book?
- Have you ever bought a book just because you loved the cover?
- Do you give up on books, or do you read them no matter how much you’re not enjoying them?
- What’s the longest book you’ve read, and how long did it take you to read it?